Wednesday, August 24, 2011

project chair

I love chairs with caning, so I picked up this chair for $35 because it was in such great condition.  After living with it for a while, I started itching for a change.  Impulsively, I found whatever leftover paint I had (exterior paint in beige matte/flat finish).  I inserted cardboard in between the cushion and caning because I couldn't figure out how to take the seat off.  After one coat I already started to regret it, so the next day I  used acrylic charcoal gray paint over the beige.  Both of my paint jobs were sloppy.  Sorry for those that love beautiful wood--I think I ruined this one.   The beige isn't so bad in the pics, but in real life it turned out looking dingy.  Had I thought this one through, it might have turned out nice.  Unfortunately, I got bored and unmotivated to re-do this so I sold it to someone as a project.

I only have a picture of the back of the original chair.  And here is my impulsive experiment.  



2 comments:

  1. Malia! Sean shared your blog with me! I love how you updated your duvet cover. I'm nuts over anthro bedding but at $400 a pop, its just not reasonable. I want to redeco my bedroom with some of the Missoni for Target that is coming and I may just try some iDye to compliment. Hope you are well. xo.

    ReplyDelete